- onions and greens ( salads )
- legumes (peas and beans )
- brassica's ( most important for cancer fighting properties )
I will also have pots of edible flowers for my salads - I've already had some violets which I sprinkled over an avocado salad and they looked delightful. I was really pleased with myself. Unfortunately the weather had turned cold and they lost a lot of their scent by the time thought about using them and picked them.
On Bank Holiday Monday I finally got my act together and started seeds off in pots and trays. The following is what I planted :-
- Kale - Scarlet, Dwarf Green Curled, and Nero de Toscana
- Kohl Rabi
- Swiss Chard
- Sprouting Broccoli
- Peppers - sweet, and hot
- Tomato - Moneymaker
- Peas - Mangetout
- Peas - Hurst Green Shaft ( Sugar snap ) and Kelvedon
- Broad Beans
- Dwarf Beans
- Sunflower seeds for micro-greens
Trays 10, 11, and 12
- Peas - as before
A tray of broad beans in pots.
So far some have come up, but not others. I'm putting them out in the greenhouse - a tiny plastic and tin thing - during the day and bringing them into the shed at night. I can't wait till they're ready to stay out all the time and be put in the ground. My beds are looking empty at the moment, but that won't last long I hope.